Fourth of July IS America’s family reunion. From our largest metropolis to our smallest hamlet, Americans gather to share meals, talk with neighbors, play games, and enjoy a day of unity and carefree fun that is too often in short supply these days. For one day, we are one family.
For those of us who serve, have served, or know someone who is serving, we know that our military is like one big family. We call ourselves brothers and sisters, and the support we give each other is often as strong as those from the families of our birth.
At Operation Homefront, we strive every day to honor that bond, and we believe wholeheartedly that strong and stable families help build stronger and better communities. This summer, we invite you to become part of our One Military One Family Back-To-School Brigade initiative.
Over the next 6 weeks, Operation Homefront will welcome thousands of military families into communities across the county through our Back-to-School Brigade, collecting and distributing backpacks and other school supplies. Now in its ninth year, Back to School Brigade has become one of our favorite events of the year.
It’s our family reunion.
Want to join the fun? Here are some ways:
- Set up a Collection Bin at your office, store, church or school –we’ll provide the signage! Just contact your local field office.
- Collect supplies & gift cards at your company or donate from our Amazon list and we’ll use it next year!
- Help us distribute supplies in your area. Contact your local field office to find out more.
- Become a Pick-Up Volunteer and help pick up donated school supplies from a local location
- Make a tax-deductible donation to Operation Homefront which will go to help military families through our Back-to-School Brigade™ and other programs
- We also love getting pictures from our community. You can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to social using #1Mil1Fam.
- Follow us on Facebook where we will be sharing great moments around the country from our BTSB events and supply drives as well as words of welcome to new families into the community.
We wish you all a Happy Fourth of July and look forward to carrying forward the spirit of America with you in the coming weeks.
One America. One Military. One Family.